Galbani Asiago Cheeseburger with Basil Mayonnaise
- 4 slices Galbani Sliced Asiago Cheese
- 2 large White Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 1/2 lbs. 80/20 Ground Beef
- 4 Brioche Rolls
- 1 cup Baby Romaine Lettuce
- 2 large Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Over medium/high heat in a non-stick skillet, add onions, sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook onions and sugar, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and cook another minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and basil in a small bowl. Squeeze the lemon into mixture; blend and reserve.
- Heat grill. Form the ground beef into 4 ( 4” diameter) patties, sprinkle with salt and pepper on each side.
- Grill burgers (about 5-6 minutes per side).
- Top each burger with 1 slice of cheese. Grill for another 1 or 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Cut roll in half, put on grill face down, grill until desired doneness.
- Assemble burger: Start with romaine lettuce, add 1 slice of tomato, grilled burger and top with caramelized onions. Spread Basil Mayonnaise on top of brioche roll. Serve immediately.