Fresh Mozzarella Skewers with Grilled Vegetables
- 16 oz. Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella, diced into small cubes
- 2 zucchini, ends removed, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 eggplants, peeled, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 bell peppers (red and yellow) cut in half with seeds removed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10 bamboo skewers
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss zucchini, eggplant, and peppers in half of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables over medium heat until tender. Set aside on a sheet tray to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut vegetables into 1″ pieces.
- Assemble skewers by arranging one piece of mozzarella, one cherry tomato, and one piece of each of the grilled vegetables. Repeat until skewer is full.
- To serve, place skewers on a large serving platter and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh basil.
- These skewers are not only a great family appetizer, they’re also perfect for cookouts or holiday parties. Feel free to substitute any seasonal vegetables you have on hand.