Escarole Chicken with Tomato Jam
- 4 Slices of Galbani® Thick Sliced Cheese – Asiago, Provolone or Mozzarella
- 4- 4 oz. Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 15 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Package of Fresh Chopped Escarole or 1 Head of Escarole, hand chopped
- 2 Cups of Thin Sliced Button or White Mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil – 1/4 Cup to coat Chicken and 3/4 Cup to sauté Mushrooms
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- To make the tomato jam: bring tomatoes and brown sugar to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer a few more minutes until it thickens and then set aside to cool down.
- Fill a medium pot 1/2 full with water and bring to a boil. Blanch the escarole, by cooking it for 3-4 minutes and strain.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper to escarole and set aside.
- In a separate skillet, sauté the mushrooms in oil and wine until they become soft.
- To cook the chicken breasts, coat both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken on a hot grill or grill pan to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Once cooked, top each chicken breast with escarole, mushrooms, tomato Jam and a thick slice of cheese.
- Cover to melt and serve warm.