Eggplant Ricotta Lasagna with Arrabiata Sauce
Tasty, Unique “Lasagna” with Creamy, Arrabiata Sauce
A tasty and unique way to enjoy an Italian classic. The eggplant cutlets are a perfect compliment to the zest of red pepper and the creaminess of the mozzarella cheese. This recipe will surely become an instant family favorite.
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 3 lb. frozen eggplant cutlets
- 4 pancetta, diced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 5 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Bake eggplant per package instructions, reserve.
- While eggplant bakes, make sauce.
- Heat pancetta in a medium saucepan on medium heat until rendered and crispy.
- Add white wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper, tomato sauce, and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes. Reserve.
- Season ricotta with salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve. To assemble, spray a 9″x13″ inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce on the bottom of the dish. Layer 1/3 of the eggplant, followed by half of the ricotta, and 1 1/2 cups sauce.
- Layer the next 1/3 of the eggplant, remaining ricotta mixture, and 1 1/2 cups sauce.
- Top with the remaining eggplant, sauce, and mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake until top is browned, about 10 minutes more.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Eggplant Ricotta lasagna with Arrabiata Sauce Tips:
- Be sure to sprinkle some salt to the eggplant cutlets to remove any overpowering bitterness.