Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Galbani® Parmesan, grated
- 2 1/2 cups regular lasagna noodles (uncooked), crumbled
- 3/4 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz. tomato or marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, dried
- 1 Tbsp. oregano, dried (as desired)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the sausage, onion, green pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned and the vegetables are tender (about 5 to 7 minutes). Drain any excess fat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomato sauce and water, stirring to combine. Heat through and set aside. In a small bowl combine parsley, oregano, ricotta, egg and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, stirring to incorporate.
- Spread 1/3 of the sausage sauce on the bottom of a 10-inch ovenproof skillet (non-stick or cast-iron).
- Top with 1/4 of the noodles, drop 1/3 of cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons on top of pasta. Repeat and assemble two more layers, ending with noodles and sauce.
- Spread thinly sliced mozzarella over the top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. For a crispy top remove foil for the last 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and serve.