- 12 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
- 5 oz Galbani® Parmesan Cheese
- 6 boneless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs lightly beaten with 2Tbsp. of water in a large dish
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs combined with half of the parmesan cheese on a flat plate
- Olive oil
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped, garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Dip the chicken breast in egg mixture and dredge in the crumbs pressing lightly until coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick skillet until hot and cook chicken breast on each side, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish in a single layer. Top each one with some of the tomato sauce and a few slices of the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle on the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley, serve.