Chicken al Forno
Juicy, Roasted Chicken with Creamy Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
A flavor packed baked chicken dish. The taste of fresh spinach is the perfect compliment to the juicy chicken. In addition, the subtle flavor of white wine will surely have everyone craving more.
- 1 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella cheese, hand shredded
- 3 Tbsp. Galbani® Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 – 3 oz. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup spinach, frozen, thawed, and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup provolone cheese, hand shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large non-stick pan heat olive oil on medium high heat, and cook chicken thoroughly.
- Add spinach, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté for another 2 minutes and then add parmesan cheese, white wine, lemon juice, butter, and simmer.
- Pour into an oven safe dish and top with mozzarella and provolone cheese.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees F for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Chicken al Forno Tips:
- Prior to cooking the chicken, add some Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs. This will add some crunch taking the chicken to a whole new level. The Italian seasoning will also add more flavor to an already flavor-filled dish.