Burgers with Mozzarella, Caramelized Onions, and Mushrooms
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca™ Ball, cut into pieces
- 4 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, shredded
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 6 hamburger rolls
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, season to taste, and cook for 10 minutes. Reserve.
- Add remaining olive oil to the pan and reduce heat to medium low. Add onion, season to taste, and cook, stirring often until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, hand shredded mozzarella, salt, pepper, and parsley. Gently form the burger mixture into 6 patties. Grill or broil patties for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until the desired doneness is reached.
- Top each burger with caramelized onions, a slice of mozzarella, and sautéed mushrooms. Wait until cheese is melted, and then serve on a roll with your favorite condiments.
- Any mushroom works great in this recipe — button, crimini, portabella, or shiitake — so use whichever kind you like best. For a lighter, healthier burger, substitute ground turkey for the ground beef.