Broccoli Ricotta Bites
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 4 oz. Galbani® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, hand shredded
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli*
- 3 cups of seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 container of ranch or blue cheese dressing to use for dipping
* You can substitute fresh broccoli with 1- 16 oz. package of frozen broccoli florets, defrosted, drained and chopped into small pieces
- Add broccoli to lightly salted boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes, until soft. Remove from heat, strain and rinse with cold water.
- Finely chop cooked broccoli into small pieces. In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and slowly stir in 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Once the cheese and broccoli is mixed, scoop out in 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, add milk and beat in the egg. Then in a separate bowl, add the rest of the bread crumbs and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil to medium a heat. Start breading the broccoli cheese balls with the egg mix first, and then add to the bread crumbs.
- Press the breading down so takes hold and is firm. Carefully add to the hot oil. Cook on one side until brown, then turn and repeat.
- Serve right away with a ranch or blue cheese dressing.