Bloody Mary Crostini
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of tomato juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Baguette or French bread, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- Small cocktail pickles and large olives, for garnish
- Toothpicks or skewers
- Tomato Jam: thoroughly drain tomatoes and add to small pan with brown sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes, until mixture becomes sticky. Set aside.
- Bloody Mary: in a shallow dish, whisk together tomato juice, eggs, vodka, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Crostini: Heat the stove to medium and melt the butter in a large Teflon skillet. Dip bread slices quickly in Bloody Mary mixture to coat both sides, but do not soak for a long time. Add dipped bread slices to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook other side, until slightly crispy. Remove from pan, spread tomato jam on top side. Add a slice of fresh mozzarella and a piece of bacon. Top with olives and pickles on a skewer for garnish.